September 29, 2007

Los MaCarturos: Locos, Dreamers, and Visionaries





My Friend and Acclaimed author, Sandra Cisneros, paid me a visit and

Inspired my DAY, as she always can. Our local Latina Genius is again at the Helm inspiring with Los MacArturos , "Los MacAturos are Latino recipients of the MacArthur Fellowship, the "genius grant", and innovators of social change. This dream team will huddle together to

address issues affecting our community: politics, labor, performance,

literacy, history, the visual arts, and health. They join with you, citizens of San Antonio-teachers, students, artists, health-care individuals,

activists, and Retirees. In other words, Our Local Locos, dreamers, and visionaries. Come help us dream SAN ANTONIO Forward."

Wow, this is really important and inclusive of so many disciplines. the event take place over 3 days Thursday, Oct 4- Saturday, Oct 6. 2007 events are FREE.

more details? Visit SandraCisneros.com

I am a local loco!

and you will see me there!

It's San Antonio where Genius resides.

photo from archive.

No comments:

JIVE REFRIED:D.I.Y.

My photo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Designer based in Texas. Creating One-of-a-kind Originals. Reclaiming textures and recycling Fabrics, I envision uses for discarded culture. I POP them into a new recycled life. I am a Painter, a colorist, a mobile D.J., A writer, a performance artist, a comedian, a boutique owner, an uncle,and a friend to few. How I see life through my words and pictures. Profess..or.....