November 21, 2013

. Thursdays are fashionistic so ...let's dress for success.

In this day and age of disposable fashions, where price is valued over quality, it is easy to find quick outlets that cater to the fast-fashion sector. I am more interested in what already exists and how to manage a successful transformation of garments and textiles found in my search, into contemporary future green wearables. 
These items I found yesterday,  on my daily hunting of garments/textiles in my beautiful city.

I have paired them up as a look that is ready to wear plus included some of my reworked jewelry and accessories 

This plaid piece is circa 1990 and paired up with coin belt/scarf from the 00's total cost: $8.
Vest, 10's, chains from belts and sewn to embroidery , original earrings by AC19
Purse 00's 
Complete look under $40.....amazing
Vintage replica western shirt in denim, vintage bolo tie, original earrings by AC19 total cost $25.
 Geometric bold colors on windbreaker jacket $18


Wool polyester jacket in bold colors perfect for now. $12.
 Cotton skirt with foliage print in warm colors $9.
Bracelet $3.

Scarf $18  Andy Warhol duffle bag $20.

No comments:

JIVE REFRIED:D.I.Y.

My photo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Designer based in Texas. Creating One-of-a-kind Originals. Reclaiming textures and recycling Fabrics, I envision uses for discarded culture. I POP them into a new recycled life. I am a Painter, a colorist, a mobile D.J., A writer, a performance artist, a comedian, a boutique owner, an uncle,and a friend to few. How I see life through my words and pictures. Profess..or.....