November 26, 2007

Glamarama: Legends of Drag

The First ever, Glamarama: Legends of Drag. Set for December 1st, Worldwide Day without Art. My friend John is producing the event at Jump-Start Performance co., Blue Star art complex. I was asked to D.J. the event and am honored to be part of Drag history in San Antonio. As long as I play the extended version of Diana Ross' "Love Hangover", I will put a smile on many beautiful faces.Though at this point all the table seats are sold, what remains is general seating and standing-room only. GET your Tickets!@ jump-start performance.org
This evening was the first of 4 rehearsals prior to Saturdays show and Wow! , the show is going to be stunning and glamtastic.
The stage manager was extremely cute. i usually don' t write like this but Wow!
I may be there all other 3 nights for their rehearsal. Jump-Start employs some of the most
talented and cool people in this area I have been fortunate to be part of the long history of Jump-Start Performance Co.
Performing on those stages many times as a solo performance artist or as part of an ensemble production piece. theater is in my blood, i hope at some point to produce a play.
But that's another story.

No comments:

JIVE REFRIED:D.I.Y.

My photo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Designer based in Texas. Creating One-of-a-kind Originals. Reclaiming textures and recycling Fabrics, I envision uses for discarded culture. I POP them into a new recycled life. I am a Painter, a colorist, a mobile D.J., A writer, a performance artist, a comedian, a boutique owner, an uncle,and a friend to few. How I see life through my words and pictures. Profess..or.....