December 16, 2013

Zee the guard cat

Zeus or as I call him Z
Is mean and bites, but in a leave me alone way
He sleeps at my side every night
He curls up and finds his place next to me
He sleeps more on my bed than I do
So today
As I was coming back in from feeding the outdoor cats

I only have him and Juki, the small female, I had her since 2003.

He attacked me! He lunged at my leg and scratched me up
As I was trying to figure out was was going on he's ears drew back
And he was in a state that he seemed possessed and was hissing and making sounds of aggression 
I had never seen him this way and I was very startled, I love this cat, he know me
I have had Zee since 2005. I was so shocked, I stood my ground , yelling at him "what's wrong, what's going on?! It's me zee...stop it!!" He would not back down, then Juki started hissing, she was scared
And I was screaming
Of course, la vecina, the neighbor lady was bringing in the trash can for my Tia next door
And I'm at the door yelling at my cat, as he tries to attack me again.
I'm frantic...
La vecina sees me and asked 
"Es tuyo mijo" referring to the recycle bin, she has brought up from the curb
Only a few distance from where I'm having this cat drama unfold
I I respond " no" , in a weird face, I imagine 
It happen so fasts.
By this time Zee had run off to hide.
I got in my car and left. Freaked out 
Thinking of all the possibilities of WHY?
I was so concerned that he was going to hurt Juki plus I could not stop thinking about it.
That I turned the car around and prepared for the worst 
At a stoplight, a butterfly flutters near , then enters my car, I'm trying to inhale fresh air so my windows are down.
It lingers on my dashboard, which seems like a long time, so I start telling it about my cat and his attack ( lights still red) and to please flutter his wings to make my baby okay when I get back home
Green light... I slowly accelerate and the thinks its going to fly out ...it does not
I'm still talking out loud, not wanting to think of all the possibilities or choices I had to
Make once I got home? I felt reassured , as the brave butterfly dashed out my window
Doing what it had to do ...continue to live its life but it had intersected with mine at a time
When I dealing with mixed emotions of a pet that I love dearly, my Zeebexar
I was home
I took off my belt, not knowing what to expect as I entered the house
Juki was at her usual perch, okay good so far
And Zee was on my bed, as usual, in his favorite spot..just looking at me
I asked if he was okay
He just seemed normal
So I approached him and let him smell me
And then I petted him and he let me
Hug him and kiss him
All back. To normal? 
I'm writing this twenty minutes later and he is all chill now
The fist two pictures are archive
The last one is of him ,As I write this 

I love him very much, happy things worked out this way!



No comments:

JIVE REFRIED:D.I.Y.

My photo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Designer based in Texas. Creating One-of-a-kind Originals. Reclaiming textures and recycling Fabrics, I envision uses for discarded culture. I POP them into a new recycled life. I am a Painter, a colorist, a mobile D.J., A writer, a performance artist, a comedian, a boutique owner, an uncle,and a friend to few. How I see life through my words and pictures. Profess..or.....